Elevation Sales is the home entertainment joint venture between Lionsgate and Studiocanal in the UK that was originally founded in 2004 and later acquired by the partners. Kevin Dersley joins Elevation as managing director from retail supermarket giant Tesco where he was senior buying manager in music and video. He previously held positions at both Entertainment UK and Universal Pictures UK. Referring to the upheaval in the retail market brought about by the insolvency woes of HMV and Blockbuster UK this week, Dersley said, “Whilst the industry has its challenges as this weeks sad news has bought into sharp focus, I firmly believe that the future of packaged media remains vibrant and positive, a view that is passionately shared by the teams at Lionsgate and Studiocanal.” Elevation had 7.47% market share in 2012.
Kevin Dersley Named Managing Director Of UK’s Elevation Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- 'Hobbit' Rules; 'Bullets' Fire Up China; 'PK' Lands; 'Museum' Opens Doors: Intl BO
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3