Elevation Sales is the home entertainment joint venture between Lionsgate and Studiocanal in the UK that was originally founded in 2004 and later acquired by the partners. Kevin Dersley joins Elevation as managing director from retail supermarket giant Tesco where he was senior buying manager in music and video. He previously held positions at both Entertainment UK and Universal Pictures UK. Referring to the upheaval in the retail market brought about by the insolvency woes of HMV and Blockbuster UK this week, Dersley said, “Whilst the industry has its challenges as this weeks sad news has bought into sharp focus, I firmly believe that the future of packaged media remains vibrant and positive, a view that is passionately shared by the teams at Lionsgate and Studiocanal.” Elevation had 7.47% market share in 2012.
Kevin Dersley Named Managing Director Of UK’s Elevation Sales
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- ITV Has Faith In 'Grantchester', Orders 2nd Season Of Period Mystery Series
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3
- International Emmys: UK's 'Utopia' Wins Best Drama Series
- Katniss Hot With $154.3M, 'Interstellar' Logs $330.6M: Int'l B.O. – Update
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'