Disney-ABC Domestic Television has formally renewed Katie Couric‘s freshman syndicated talk show Katie for a second season. The show has been renewed on its existing stations in over 95% of the country, including the ABC Owned station group, which already had a two-year deal for Katie. For the 19th straight week since its premiere (through the week of January 14, 2013), Katie continues to rank as the top freshman syndicated talker in Households, total viewers and women 25-54. Among all 18 syndicated talkers, Katie is No. 6 in households (1.9 rating), Total Viewers (2.497 million) and Women 25-54 (1.0 rating). On January 24, Couric’s first on-camera interview with Manti Te’o and his parents (2.6/7) jumped 30% over the show’s prior 4-week average. Katie joins fellow freshmen Steve Harvey, Trisha Goddard and Dish Nation, which also have been renewed for a second season. The formal greenlight for Katie comes days after original executive producer Jeff Zucker left to run CNN (He retains ownership in the show). Couric now executive produces the show with Michael Morrison, who joined late last month. Co-executive producers are Kathy Samuels and Michael Bass.
‘Katie’ Officially Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment