Merlin star Katie McGrath and Nonso Anozie (The Grey) have been cast opposite Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the upcoming NBC/Sky Living HD 10-episode drama series Dracula. The series re-introduces Dracula (Meyers) as he arrives in London, posing as American entrepreneur Alan Grayson who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier but falls hopelessly in love with Mina Murray (Jessica De Gouw) who appears to be the reincarnation of his dead wife. McGrath will play Lucy Westenra, Aristocratic London’s sexy, social butterfly and Mina’s best friend who has a penchant for gossip, flirting and all things glamorous. Anozie will play R.M. Renfield, Alan Grayson’s fiercely loyal confidante. McGrath, repped by Luber Roklin, attorney Fred Toczek and UK’s The Rights House, just wrapped her stint as Morgana on the Syfy/BBC series Merlin. She also guest starred on The Tudors opposite Meyers. Anozie has guest starred on HBO’s Game of Thrones. Based on a script by co-executive producer Cole Haddon, Dracula is executive produced by Colin Callender, Tony Krantz, Gareth Neame and Dan Knauf for Universal Television.
Katie McGrath & Nonso Anozie Join NBC’s ‘Dracula’ Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- James Patterson Teams With David Marshall Grant For ‘Stingray’ FBI Drama At CBS, Sells ‘NYPD Red’ Adaptation…