The second “big get” interview in as many weeks has landed outside the broadcast networks’ news divisions, once the go-to place for most figures at the center of a controversy. Katie Couric will conduct the first on-camera interview with Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o and his parents since the tragic story of Te’o’s girlfriend was exposed as a fraud. (The athlete did an off-camera interview with ESPN on Friday). The interview will air Thursday on Couric’s syndicated talk show. Previews for the chat will air on ABC News platforms, Good Morning America, World News and Nightline. Earlier this week, disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong admitted to doping in an interview with Oprah Winfrey on her cable network OWN.
Katie Couric To Interview On-Camera Manti Te’o And His Parents About Girlfriend Hoax
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel