The film that was made famous by its groundbreaking special effects is now getting a state-of-the-art IMAX 3D release — something that wasn’t possible when Steven Spielberg’s dinosaur epic was released in 1993. IMAX and Universal announced today that a remastered version will return to the screen for a one-week run beginning April 5, when the studio rereleases the pic wide in 3D. “Jurassic Park is the quintessential film for fans to experience in IMAX 3D,” said Universal distribution president Nikki Rocco in announcing the dates. The moves comes after recent successful 3D runs for past box office biggies, like Disney’s The Lion King and others and of course Titanic, whose worldwide 3D return in the spring helped it eclipse $2B in lifetime cume.
‘Jurassic Park’ Headed For IMAX 3D Run
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date