The film that was made famous by its groundbreaking special effects is now getting a state-of-the-art IMAX 3D release — something that wasn’t possible when Steven Spielberg’s dinosaur epic was released in 1993. IMAX and Universal announced today that a remastered version will return to the screen for a one-week run beginning April 5, when the studio rereleases the pic wide in 3D. “Jurassic Park is the quintessential film for fans to experience in IMAX 3D,” said Universal distribution president Nikki Rocco in announcing the dates. The moves comes after recent successful 3D runs for past box office biggies, like Disney’s The Lion King and others and of course Titanic, whose worldwide 3D return in the spring helped it eclipse $2B in lifetime cume.
‘Jurassic Park’ Headed For IMAX 3D Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency