Universal Pictures has set a release date for Jurassic Park 4, which will be shot in 3D and come out June 13, 2014. Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the next installment of the franchise, the last of which came out in July 2001. This comes after the studio has made plans to rerelease the original Jurassic Park in a remastered 3D version in April. Spielberg, whose latest film Lincoln was just nominated for 12 Oscars, this week put his sci-fi pic Robopocalypse on hold; he was scheduled to direct that this spring, but had a new take on the project and decided to retool. There had been speculation that Spielberg would tackle the widely rumored Moses epic Gods And Kings, but this project appears to be officially on his front burner.
BREAKING: Universal Sets Date For ‘Jurassic Park 4′
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE