Universal Pictures has set a release date for Jurassic Park 4, which will be shot in 3D and come out June 13, 2014. Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the next installment of the franchise, the last of which came out in July 2001. This comes after the studio has made plans to rerelease the original Jurassic Park in a remastered 3D version in April. Spielberg, whose latest film Lincoln was just nominated for 12 Oscars, this week put his sci-fi pic Robopocalypse on hold; he was scheduled to direct that this spring, but had a new take on the project and decided to retool. There had been speculation that Spielberg would tackle the widely rumored Moses epic Gods And Kings, but this project appears to be officially on his front burner.
BREAKING: Universal Sets Date For ‘Jurassic Park 4′
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update