Universal Pictures has set a release date for Jurassic Park 4, which will be shot in 3D and come out June 13, 2014. Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the next installment of the franchise, the last of which came out in July 2001. This comes after the studio has made plans to rerelease the original Jurassic Park in a remastered 3D version in April. Spielberg, whose latest film Lincoln was just nominated for 12 Oscars, this week put his sci-fi pic Robopocalypse on hold; he was scheduled to direct that this spring, but had a new take on the project and decided to retool. There had been speculation that Spielberg would tackle the widely rumored Moses epic Gods And Kings, but this project appears to be officially on his front burner.
BREAKING: Universal Sets Date For ‘Jurassic Park 4′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake