Universal Pictures has set a release date for Jurassic Park 4, which will be shot in 3D and come out June 13, 2014. Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the next installment of the franchise, the last of which came out in July 2001. This comes after the studio has made plans to rerelease the original Jurassic Park in a remastered 3D version in April. Spielberg, whose latest film Lincoln was just nominated for 12 Oscars, this week put his sci-fi pic Robopocalypse on hold; he was scheduled to direct that this spring, but had a new take on the project and decided to retool. There had been speculation that Spielberg would tackle the widely rumored Moses epic Gods And Kings, but this project appears to be officially on his front burner.
BREAKING: Universal Sets Date For ‘Jurassic Park 4′
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Team
- 'Pitch Perfect 2′ Trailer: Anna Kendrick & The Barden Bellas Are Back
- HRTS Adds 5 To Its Board Of Directors
- 'Better Call Saul' Gets Two-Night Premiere In February, New Teaser — Video
- OSCARS: Live Action Shorts Shortlist Set
- 'Killing Kennedy' To Air On Fox News Channel; 'O'Reilly Factor' To Preview The Film
- Osy Ikhile Joins Syfy Mini 'Childhood's End'; Sebastian Pigott In ABC's 'Revenge'