ESPN programming executive Juan José Alfonso has been named VP Drama Development for ABC Studios. He will report to SVP Drama Development Michael McDonald. Alfonso comes from sister Disney company ESPN, where he was VP of Program Development, overseeing all international original content, including documentaries, scripted series, studio shows and web content. This included El Diez, ESPN International’s first-ever scripted series, as well as a number of documentary series, including Capitales del Fútbol, Heroics and La Liga Confidencial.
Juan José Alfonso Joins ABC Studios As VP Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing, And Fingernails
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox