EXCLUSIVE: Hot off directing the pilot for the highest-rated new fall series, drama Revolution, Jon Favreau is set to direct another NBC pilot, comedy About A Boy. The single-camera comedy, from Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, is based on the Nick Hornby book and the 2002 movie. Written and executive produced by Emmy-winner Katims, About A Boy follows the relationship between a bachelor man-child and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother. Katims’ head of development, Michelle Lee, serves as producer on the pilot, which is from Katims’ True Jack Prods; Universal TV; and Working Title and Tribeca Prods, the companies that produced the Hugh Grant-starring feature. Favreau serves as co-executive producer on the JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke NBC drama Revolution. On the feature side, the Iron Man director recently executive produced The Avengers and is now exec producing the upcoming Iron Man 3.
Jon Favreau To Direct Jason Katims’ NBC Comedy Pilot ‘About A Boy’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez JoinUSA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson