The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest Film News
- Max Landis Horror Script ‘Decon’ Scares Up QC Entertainment & Good Universe Deal
- Los Angeles Media Fund & UK Comedy Producer Who’s On First Ink First-Look Deal
- Keith Levine Exits Dimension For Prexy Post At David Goyer’s Phantom Four
- Brian Nitzkin Joins Myriad Pictures As SVP Business Affairs
- ‘Big Guns,’ A Satirical Novel About The Gun Lobby By Former NY Congressman Steve Israel, Picked Up For Feature
- Hot Josh Gad, Luke Evans, Daisy Ridley Pitch; ‘Adrift’s Aaron & Jordan Kandell To Write