The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…