The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Irish Tale ‘Brooklyn’ Lands $9 Million Fox Searchlight Deal – Sundance
- Studio 8, Bona Film Group Join TriStar’s Ang Lee ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival
- Alchemy Confirms Deal For Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ – Sundance
- James Marsh, Colin Firth To Set Sail On 1968 World Yacht Race Pic