The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cohen Media Group Acquires Cannes Opening Night Film ‘Standing Tall’- Cannes
- amfAR Raises €30M At Glittery Cannes Gala; Harvey Weinstein Salutes France
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Gets Spring 2016 Release Date
- ‘Carol’s Quest: Lesbian Drama’s 15-Year Journey To Cannes
- IATSE’s New Film & TV Contract Includes 3% Annual Raises, Pension Increases
- Paradigm Signs Swedish Helmers Off Hot Short ‘Reset’