The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents In Mass Exodus
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ First Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland
- Stephen Dorff Will Put On ‘Leatherface’ For Millennium’s ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Prequel
- Broadway Will Dim Lights In Memory Of Director Gene Saks
- Bleecker Street Sets Amazon Deal
- Knopf Unveils ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’, Next Installment Of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Series