The Hollywood Reporter is trumpeting that Fox Film chief Jim Gianopulos is “closing on a new long-term contract.” Well, thank you, Captain Obvious! It was clear to most that Jim G would be around awhile when the studio gave Tom Rothman his walking papers and anointed Gianopulos solo chairman. That just happened in September. Gianopulos since has been doing his part to make the place filmmaker friendlier and this week he made his first overall filmmaker deal by bringing in Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig to put the studio in the R-rated comedy business. As happens when your contract is expiring in 14 months, Gianopulos is working on a new 5-year deal to replace the old 5-year deal but that seems more like paperwork than revelation.
Jim Gianopulos To Re-Up At Fox: Scoop Or Obvious-Stating?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Steve Coogan To Star In Oliver Schmitz’s ‘Shepherds And Butchers’
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Trailer: Watch George Clooney In Battle
- ‘The Little Prince’ Flies In With New International Trailer – Cannes
- Saban Films Decides To ‘Man Up'; Acquires RomCom Starring Simon Pegg – Tribeca
- Matthew Warchus Takes Reins At Old Vic; 2016 ‘Groundhog Day’ World Premiere Set
- Fandango Inks Multi-Year Pact With Marcus Theatres — CinemaCon