The chess pieces are certainly in play at CNN today. Managing editor Mark Whitaker is out, 20/20’s Chris Cuomo has been poached from ABC and now sources are telling Deadline that new CNN boss Jeff Zucker is about to move Erin Burnett from primetime to a new morning show. Insiders say that the morning show slot is where former Today Show executive producer Zucker wants to start making his mark at the network. Burnett would co-host in the AM with Cuomo, who’s role in the as yet-untitled morning show was announced with his hiring by CNN this morning. No word yet as to who will take over Burnett’s 7 PM OutFront show, which has been struggling in the ratings like most of CNN’s primetime. Burnett joined CNN in April 2011 from CNBC. Her primetime show debuted in October 2011.
Jeff Zucker Moving Erin Burnett To Host New CNN Morning Show With Chris Cuomo
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better