The third season premiere episodes of Portlandia were up solidly over last year. Friday’s airing on IFC garnered a total audience of 1.1 million. That’s a 30% rise over the Oregon-based Peabody-winning comedy series’ January 6, 2012 season two debut. Portlandia returned at 10 PM on January 4 with back-to-back episodes. The 10 PM and 10:30 PM shows combined pulled in 751,000 viewers among Adults 18-49. “The show’s outstanding performance underscores IFC’s successful brand strategy and growing appeal for the distinct point of view our original alternative comedies provide,” said Jennifer Caserta, IFC’s president & general manager in a statement on Wednesday. Starring Saturday Night Live’s Fred Armisen and Wild Flag guitarist Carrie Brownstein, Portlandia first debuted on January 11, 2011.
IFC’s ‘Portlandia’ Up In Season 3 Return
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive