Keshet International and Hulu have entered a deal for the second season of Prisoners Of War, the original format upon which Emmy-winning series Homeland is based. The streaming service will run the Israeli show this year, after previously airing Season One. Keshet has also struck deals with Netflix Nordics for Season One in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. Also in Finland, free-to-air broadcaster YLE has acquired the second season. Prisoners Of War follows two soldiers who return home after being held captive for 17 years; as they try to re-adjust to their daily lives, it becomes clear they share a profound secret. Season Two was the most viewed drama in Israel in 2012. Other international networks which have picked up or aired the series include Sky Arts in the UK; Arte for Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland; SBS Australia and Russia’s Weit Media.
Hulu Acquires Season Two Of Original ‘Homeland’ Format ‘Prisoners Of War’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies