Paramount‘s Brett Ratner-directed Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson as the legendary strongman, will hit theaters August 8, 2014, a week after Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy is slated to bow. Hercules is an adaptation of the 2008 Radical Studios graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars, which takes the supernatural out of classical mythology and places it in a more real-world context. If the MGM-Paramount co-production is a hit, it could signal the beginning of a franchise; the graphic novel was followed by a sequel, The Knives Of Kush, in 2011. The film’s script is by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Ratner, Beau Flynn and Barry Levine are producing, with Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger executive producing. Production is scheduled to start soon. Aside from Johnson, no other cast has been announced.
Paramount Dates ‘Hercules’ August 8, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Ralph Macchio Pic ‘Lost Cat Corona’ Acquired By Virgil Films; Cinelicious Pics Nabs ‘Dark Night’
- Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’ Movie To Be Made By TriStar & PalmStar
- Ioan Gruffudd Joins Mel Gibson & Sean Penn For ‘The Professor And The Madman’
- Shirley Jones And Robert Wagner Join ‘Together’ With Paul Duddridge At Helm