The Alfonso Cuaron-directed Gravity will be released wide October 4, 2013 in 3D and IMAX. The space pic had a November 2012 release date before Warner Bros pushed it forward last spring to give it more room amid a crowded fourth-quarter slate that at the time included Argo, Gangster Squad, The Hobbit and The Great Gatsby (Gatsby has since been shifted to May 10, 2013). George Clooney co-stars and the two play astronauts whose characters are stranded in space after their space shuttle crashes; the brunt of the story surrounds Bullock’s medical engineer. The October 4 release puts the pic against Weinstein/Dimension’s Sin City sequel, Relativity’s Paranoia and Disney’s Vince Vaughn-starrer The Delivery Man.
Warner Bros Dates Sandra Bullock Pic ‘Gravity’ – Again
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow