The Alfonso Cuaron-directed Gravity will be released wide October 4, 2013 in 3D and IMAX. The space pic had a November 2012 release date before Warner Bros pushed it forward last spring to give it more room amid a crowded fourth-quarter slate that at the time included Argo, Gangster Squad, The Hobbit and The Great Gatsby (Gatsby has since been shifted to May 10, 2013). George Clooney co-stars and the two play astronauts whose characters are stranded in space after their space shuttle crashes; the brunt of the story surrounds Bullock’s medical engineer. The October 4 release puts the pic against Weinstein/Dimension’s Sin City sequel, Relativity’s Paranoia and Disney’s Vince Vaughn-starrer The Delivery Man.
Warner Bros Dates Sandra Bullock Pic ‘Gravity’ – Again
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video