The Alfonso Cuaron-directed Gravity will be released wide October 4, 2013 in 3D and IMAX. The space pic had a November 2012 release date before Warner Bros pushed it forward last spring to give it more room amid a crowded fourth-quarter slate that at the time included Argo, Gangster Squad, The Hobbit and The Great Gatsby (Gatsby has since been shifted to May 10, 2013). George Clooney co-stars and the two play astronauts whose characters are stranded in space after their space shuttle crashes; the brunt of the story surrounds Bullock’s medical engineer. The October 4 release puts the pic against Weinstein/Dimension’s Sin City sequel, Relativity’s Paranoia and Disney’s Vince Vaughn-starrer The Delivery Man.
Warner Bros Dates Sandra Bullock Pic ‘Gravity’ – Again
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'