American Idol and X Factor producer FremantleMedia has named former HIT Entertainment COO Sangeeta Desai to the combined roles of COO and CFO with immediate effect. The exec will be based in London and report to Fremantle CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz. Desai has also been named to the board of directors. Before joining HIT, she was a principal at private equity firm Apax Partners and also did stints at Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan. Fremantle lately has been making a push in the scripted arena. It recently teamed with veteran feature and TV writer/producer Marshall Herskovitz for a drama series project inspired by the book Hitlerland. It’s also producing E!’s upcoming scripted art gallery series Gallerina and is developing Joan of Arc novel The Maid into a drama series with Craig Pearce.
FremantleMedia Appoints Sangeeta Desai To COO/CFO Post
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest International News
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- ‘Native America’ To Explore Interconnectivity Of Ancient Indigenous Cultures On PBS – TCA
- Saudi Arabia Fund Eyeing Endeavor Stake; May Invest $500M+ In WME Parent
- ‘Three Seconds’: Olympic Basketball Drama Is Russia’s Highest-Grossing Movie Ever
- CAA Signs Actor & Singer Mike Angelo
- Ben Silverman & Howard T Owens’ Propagate Gets Backing From Raine Group