American Idol and X Factor producer FremantleMedia has named former HIT Entertainment COO Sangeeta Desai to the combined roles of COO and CFO with immediate effect. The exec will be based in London and report to Fremantle CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz. Desai has also been named to the board of directors. Before joining HIT, she was a principal at private equity firm Apax Partners and also did stints at Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan. Fremantle lately has been making a push in the scripted arena. It recently teamed with veteran feature and TV writer/producer Marshall Herskovitz for a drama series project inspired by the book Hitlerland. It’s also producing E!’s upcoming scripted art gallery series Gallerina and is developing Joan of Arc novel The Maid into a drama series with Craig Pearce.
FremantleMedia Appoints Sangeeta Desai To COO/CFO Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest International News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ $30M Debut; ‘Lights Out’ $8.5M; Jackie Chan’s ‘Skiptrace’ Nails $64M Bow – Int’l Box…
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Documentary On INXS Frontman Michael Hutchence In Works
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund