Fox considered DVR play so important for new midseason drama The Following, it ran “Set Your DVR!’ ads for the show as part of the launch campaign, the first time anyone had done that. Many viewers did put the Kevin Bacon serial killer drama on their DVRs, and in Live +3, The Following’s Monday premiere rose to a 4.3/10 among adults 18-49, up +34% from its L+SD rating (3.2). The Following remains the second-highest rated drama debut of the season behind NBC’s Revolution (5.4/15 in Live+3, 33% gain vs. L+SD), just ahead of CBS’ Elementary (4.2/12). It also edged Fox’s cancelled 2011-12 dramas Terra Nova (4.1 in the L+3) and Alcatraz (4.0).
Fox’s ‘Following’ Gets DVR Boost In Live+3
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest TV News
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End After 7 Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David