Fox considered DVR play so important for new midseason drama The Following, it ran “Set Your DVR!’ ads for the show as part of the launch campaign, the first time anyone had done that. Many viewers did put the Kevin Bacon serial killer drama on their DVRs, and in Live +3, The Following’s Monday premiere rose to a 4.3/10 among adults 18-49, up +34% from its L+SD rating (3.2). The Following remains the second-highest rated drama debut of the season behind NBC’s Revolution (5.4/15 in Live+3, 33% gain vs. L+SD), just ahead of CBS’ Elementary (4.2/12). It also edged Fox’s cancelled 2011-12 dramas Terra Nova (4.1 in the L+3) and Alcatraz (4.0).
Fox’s ‘Following’ Gets DVR Boost In Live+3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Aquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot