Fox has closed the deals for a script order to a single-camera medical comedy from Conan O’Brien‘s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. The project’s title, Bob’s New Heart Show, appears to be a riff on TV classic The Bob Newhart Show. Written by Ben Wexler (Community), Bob’s New Heart Show centers on a young hotshot doctor who, after receiving a heart transplant, re-evaluates his life and takes over the small family practice in the working-class neighborhood where he grew up. Wexler is executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. This marks Conaco’s first project for Fox since the company set up shop at WBTV in 2010. The company is currently working on off-cycle ABC comedy pilot Super Fun Night, created by and starring Rebel Wilson.
Fox Developing Medical Comedy Produced By Conan O’Brien
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot