Fox has closed the deals for a script order to a single-camera medical comedy from Conan O’Brien‘s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. The project’s title, Bob’s New Heart Show, appears to be a riff on TV classic The Bob Newhart Show. Written by Ben Wexler (Community), Bob’s New Heart Show centers on a young hotshot doctor who, after receiving a heart transplant, re-evaluates his life and takes over the small family practice in the working-class neighborhood where he grew up. Wexler is executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. This marks Conaco’s first project for Fox since the company set up shop at WBTV in 2010. The company is currently working on off-cycle ABC comedy pilot Super Fun Night, created by and starring Rebel Wilson.
Fox Developing Medical Comedy Produced By Conan O’Brien
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?