Fox has closed the deals for a script order to a single-camera medical comedy from Conan O’Brien‘s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. The project’s title, Bob’s New Heart Show, appears to be a riff on TV classic The Bob Newhart Show. Written by Ben Wexler (Community), Bob’s New Heart Show centers on a young hotshot doctor who, after receiving a heart transplant, re-evaluates his life and takes over the small family practice in the working-class neighborhood where he grew up. Wexler is executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. This marks Conaco’s first project for Fox since the company set up shop at WBTV in 2010. The company is currently working on off-cycle ABC comedy pilot Super Fun Night, created by and starring Rebel Wilson.
Fox Developing Medical Comedy Produced By Conan O’Brien
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film