EXCLUSIVE: CAA lost the longtime top client in late December. And now I’ve learned that Oprah Winfrey has signed with WME‘s Ari Emanuel and Rick Rosen and a team of agents. The big signing comes after Oprah and her cable network OWN scored 3.2 million viewers for her confessional sit-down with disgraced doper Lance Armstrong. I understand today’s move culminates a long slow wooing by the agency, the same kind that WME has done with Dick Wolf (successfully) and Shonda Rhimes (unsuccessfully, for the moment), and some other key TV creators and producers. Winfrey had been a very important client for CAA. Among other things, the agency put together her deal with Discovery Communications for OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. But Oprah isn’t an easy client by any means.
EXCLUSIVE: Oprah Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive