Now that its takeover of rival Alliance Films is complete, eOne has announced exec appointments for the UK and Spanish arms of the company. Alex Hamilton has been named managing director in the UK to oversee the combined UK film team, including distributor Momentum Pictures, and Jorge Vazquez will be managing director in Spain where eOne acquired distributor Aurum Producciones via the Alliance deal. Hamilton, a former president of Icon Film Distribution, joined eOne in 2008 to oversee UK activity. Vazquez, a 14-year veteran of Aurum, has been managing director since 2008. In other exec moves, Adam Hurst is segueing from eOne’s UK deputy CFO to the post of finance director for the UK division and Igor Ibeas will become deputy managing director in Spain. The company further announced that finance exec Charles Ogilvie is leaving. There will be more moves in the near future as eOne integrates Alliance’s businesses, with watchers paying particular attention to what happens in the territories where there is notable overlap, namely the UK and Canada, and especially with the European Film Market just around the corner. Exactly how the company will operate at the EFM was being worked out when one exec recently told me, “It’s still a big machine to feed.” EOne said today, “The Group is working quickly to bring the companies together under eOne and expects to make further announcements on leadership, branding and organizational structure in the coming weeks and months.”
EOne Names UK, Spain Execs
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency