EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks is rounding out the cast of Need For Speed, the Scott Waugh-directed adaptation of the EA video game. The film stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots, and they’ve just set music producer-turned-actor Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, as well as Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson. Paul plays Tobey Marshall, who races cross country at impossible speeds from New York to L.A. to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend. The film focuses on ’70s-style fast-paced high-octane cars. Mescudi plays the driver’s best friend. As a record producer and songwriter, Mescudi has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, and he made his acting debut in HBO’s How To Make It In America and appeared most recently in the indie Two Night Stand. He contributed to soundtracks for DreamWorks’ Fright Night and The Hunger Games, but no word yet on whether he’ll do the same here.
DreamWorks Revs ‘Need For Speed’; Rap Producer Scott ‘Kid Cudi’ Mescudi Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies