EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks is rounding out the cast of Need For Speed, the Scott Waugh-directed adaptation of the EA video game. The film stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots, and they’ve just set music producer-turned-actor Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, as well as Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson. Paul plays Tobey Marshall, who races cross country at impossible speeds from New York to L.A. to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend. The film focuses on ’70s-style fast-paced high-octane cars. Mescudi plays the driver’s best friend. As a record producer and songwriter, Mescudi has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, and he made his acting debut in HBO’s How To Make It In America and appeared most recently in the indie Two Night Stand. He contributed to soundtracks for DreamWorks’ Fright Night and The Hunger Games, but no word yet on whether he’ll do the same here.
DreamWorks Revs ‘Need For Speed'; Rap Producer Scott ‘Kid Cudi’ Mescudi Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’
- Brad Grey Confirms Exit Of Adam Goodman At Paramount
- Shake-Up At Paramount? Adam Goodman In The Cross-Hairs
- Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn'; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?