EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks is rounding out the cast of Need For Speed, the Scott Waugh-directed adaptation of the EA video game. The film stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots, and they’ve just set music producer-turned-actor Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, as well as Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson. Paul plays Tobey Marshall, who races cross country at impossible speeds from New York to L.A. to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend. The film focuses on ’70s-style fast-paced high-octane cars. Mescudi plays the driver’s best friend. As a record producer and songwriter, Mescudi has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, and he made his acting debut in HBO’s How To Make It In America and appeared most recently in the indie Two Night Stand. He contributed to soundtracks for DreamWorks’ Fright Night and The Hunger Games, but no word yet on whether he’ll do the same here.
DreamWorks Revs ‘Need For Speed’; Rap Producer Scott ‘Kid Cudi’ Mescudi Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
Jimmy Fallon, John Krasinski And Stephen Merchant To Produce & Perform On Lip Sync Battle Series For Spike
More From Fleming Jr
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'