EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks is rounding out the cast of Need For Speed, the Scott Waugh-directed adaptation of the EA video game. The film stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots, and they’ve just set music producer-turned-actor Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, as well as Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson. Paul plays Tobey Marshall, who races cross country at impossible speeds from New York to L.A. to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend. The film focuses on ’70s-style fast-paced high-octane cars. Mescudi plays the driver’s best friend. As a record producer and songwriter, Mescudi has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, and he made his acting debut in HBO’s How To Make It In America and appeared most recently in the indie Two Night Stand. He contributed to soundtracks for DreamWorks’ Fright Night and The Hunger Games, but no word yet on whether he’ll do the same here.
DreamWorks Revs ‘Need For Speed'; Rap Producer Scott ‘Kid Cudi’ Mescudi Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Screen Gems Buys 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies,' Pic Adds 'Game Of Thrones' Stars
- 'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script
- 'Divergent's Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller 'All The Old Knives'
- Don't We Want '70s-Style Adult Thrillers Like 'A Walk Among The Tombstones'? A Chat With Scott Frank
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'