The holiday film appears to be a bigger disappointment than Lazard Capital Markets’ Barton Crockett imagined just a few weeks ago. He says today that he expects the studio to take a $96M write-down — more than double the $45M he predicted in mid-December, and close to the $109M that DreamWorks Animation took in 2006 for Flushed Away. Crockett now forecasts that the company will report a 44 cents-per-share loss for Q4, down from his previous prediction of a 6 cent loss. Crockett says that Rise Of The Guardians likely will end up generating $110M at domestic box offices and $210M overseas vs. his previous forecast for $130M and $276M, respectively. “While bulls will want to look past this write-off, the risk is that a second flop like Guardians could dramatically change sentiment,” he says. DreamWorks Animation shares are down about 2% in mid-afternoon trading, and more than 26% since early November.
How Much Will DreamWorks Animation Write Off For ‘Rise Of The Guardians’?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Business News
- Helen Mirren On Hollywood Time’s Up Movement: “About Time”
- Robert Redford Slams Harvey Weinstein, Declares Hollywood “Tipping Point” At Sundance ’18 Opening Presser
- ‘Tallulah’s Tammy Blanchard Joins Denzel Washington In ‘Iceman’ On Broadway; Bernie Williams Goes Cabaret; Michael Weller’s…
- Val Zavala To Retire After 30 Years With KCET
- Sidney Yost & Amazing Animals Prods Hit With Fines, License Revocation Over Animal Welfare Act Violations; Appealing…
- Hooray For Another Hollywood Sign? Replica Proposed For Other Side Of Mountain