EXCLUSIVE: Drafthouse Films, the distribution arm of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, has snatched up I Declare War, a kid-centered actioner about an epic game of capture-the-flag that comes alive through its young characters’ vivid imaginations. The pic, directed by Jason Lapeyre and Robert Wilson and produced by Lewin Webb, Robert Wilson and Patrick Cameron for Samaritan Entertainment, nabbed the Fantastic Fest Audience Award and earned raves out of the 2012 Toronto Film Festival. “Not since Stand By Me have we experienced such a poignant and sincere film about kids for adults,” Drafthouse Films CEO/Founder Tim League said in a statement. Drafthouse COO James Emanuel Shapiro and Andrew Herwitz of Film Sales inked the deal. Lapeyre is repped by APA and Vanguarde. The film will release in theaters and on VOD in the second half of 2013.
Drafthouse Acquires Capture-The-Flag Actioner ‘I Declare War’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'
- Elijah Wood's SpectreVision Shingle Unveils 2nd LA Horror Festival
- Toronto: Emma Roberts, Kiernan Shipka Bound For Prep School Thriller 'February'
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'