Top rated daytime syndication talk show Dr. Phil has been renewed through the 2016-2017 season when it will mark its 15-year anniversary. The three-year extension to Dr. Phil‘s current station deals covers 77% of the country, including the show’s core CBS Television Stations Group, and includes upgrades. Currently in its 11th season, Dr. Phil averages 4.2 million viewers a week. It succeeded Oprah, where Dr. Phil McGraw got his start, as the highest-rated daytime syndicated talk show. “Stations have really sat up and taken notice of the fact that Dr. Phil is the best news lead-in in the marketplace today,” said Joe DiSalvo, President of Sales at CBS Television Distribution. Dr. Phil was created by Oprah’s Harpo Prods. and is produced by Peteski Prods in association with CBS TV Distribution and is distributed by CBSTD. McGraw is host and executive producer. Carla Pennington is executive producer.
‘Dr. Phil’ Renewed Through 2016-17 Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres