Top rated daytime syndication talk show Dr. Phil has been renewed through the 2016-2017 season when it will mark its 15-year anniversary. The three-year extension to Dr. Phil‘s current station deals covers 77% of the country, including the show’s core CBS Television Stations Group, and includes upgrades. Currently in its 11th season, Dr. Phil averages 4.2 million viewers a week. It succeeded Oprah, where Dr. Phil McGraw got his start, as the highest-rated daytime syndicated talk show. “Stations have really sat up and taken notice of the fact that Dr. Phil is the best news lead-in in the marketplace today,” said Joe DiSalvo, President of Sales at CBS Television Distribution. Dr. Phil was created by Oprah’s Harpo Prods. and is produced by Peteski Prods in association with CBS TV Distribution and is distributed by CBSTD. McGraw is host and executive producer. Carla Pennington is executive producer.
‘Dr. Phil’ Renewed Through 2016-17 Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot