Top rated daytime syndication talk show Dr. Phil has been renewed through the 2016-2017 season when it will mark its 15-year anniversary. The three-year extension to Dr. Phil‘s current station deals covers 77% of the country, including the show’s core CBS Television Stations Group, and includes upgrades. Currently in its 11th season, Dr. Phil averages 4.2 million viewers a week. It succeeded Oprah, where Dr. Phil McGraw got his start, as the highest-rated daytime syndicated talk show. “Stations have really sat up and taken notice of the fact that Dr. Phil is the best news lead-in in the marketplace today,” said Joe DiSalvo, President of Sales at CBS Television Distribution. Dr. Phil was created by Oprah’s Harpo Prods. and is produced by Peteski Prods in association with CBS TV Distribution and is distributed by CBSTD. McGraw is host and executive producer. Carla Pennington is executive producer.
‘Dr. Phil’ Renewed Through 2016-17 Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive