Top rated daytime syndication talk show Dr. Phil has been renewed through the 2016-2017 season when it will mark its 15-year anniversary. The three-year extension to Dr. Phil‘s current station deals covers 77% of the country, including the show’s core CBS Television Stations Group, and includes upgrades. Currently in its 11th season, Dr. Phil averages 4.2 million viewers a week. It succeeded Oprah, where Dr. Phil McGraw got his start, as the highest-rated daytime syndicated talk show. “Stations have really sat up and taken notice of the fact that Dr. Phil is the best news lead-in in the marketplace today,” said Joe DiSalvo, President of Sales at CBS Television Distribution. Dr. Phil was created by Oprah’s Harpo Prods. and is produced by Peteski Prods in association with CBS TV Distribution and is distributed by CBSTD. McGraw is host and executive producer. Carla Pennington is executive producer.
‘Dr. Phil’ Renewed Through 2016-17 Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis