The Weinstein Company said the pic is nearing $130 million domestic. That surpasses the total for Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglourious Basterds which grossed over $120.5 million in the U.S. Django Unchained, starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson, was released wide on Christmas Day 2012. It nabbed two Golden Globe wins for Best Supporting Actor (Waltz) and Best Screenplay (Tarantino), and received five Oscar noms, including Best Picture.
‘Django Unchained’ Becomes Quentin Tarantino’s Highest-Grossing Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Vaxxed’s Cinema Libre Teams With China’s Gaia To Expand U.S. Release, Head To Asia
- Matthew Perry’s West End Playwriting Debut Draws Crowds Despite Critics’ Barbs
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Mel Gibson WWII Movie ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Jumps Into November Awards Season; ‘The Shack’ To Open In…
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ Moves To 2017; Clash Avoided With Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’