The Weinstein Company said the pic is nearing $130 million domestic. That surpasses the total for Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglourious Basterds which grossed over $120.5 million in the U.S. Django Unchained, starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson, was released wide on Christmas Day 2012. It nabbed two Golden Globe wins for Best Supporting Actor (Waltz) and Best Screenplay (Tarantino), and received five Oscar noms, including Best Picture.
‘Django Unchained’ Becomes Quentin Tarantino’s Highest-Grossing Movie
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV