The Weinstein Company said the pic is nearing $130 million domestic. That surpasses the total for Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglourious Basterds which grossed over $120.5 million in the U.S. Django Unchained, starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson, was released wide on Christmas Day 2012. It nabbed two Golden Globe wins for Best Supporting Actor (Waltz) and Best Screenplay (Tarantino), and received five Oscar noms, including Best Picture.
‘Django Unchained’ Becomes Quentin Tarantino’s Highest-Grossing Movie
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'