Friday’s premiere of Disney Junior‘s Sofia The First on Disney Channel ranked as the No. 1 preschool series launch in cable TV history in girls 2-5 (673,000/8.6 rating), adults 18-49 (948,000/0.8 rating) and women 18-49 (710,000/1.1 rating). It also was the No. 2 weekday preschool cable launch in more than 12 years in total viewers (2.7 million) since August 2000 behind only Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2.8 million). In kids 2-5, Sofia The First virtually tied Doc McStuffins as the network’s No. 1 weekday series launch ever in kids 2-5 (1.0 million/6.3 rating). In November, the animated special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel, becoming the top cable telecast of 2012 among kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Jr’s ‘Sofia The First’ Premiere Tops Cable TV Ratings
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS