Friday’s premiere of Disney Junior‘s Sofia The First on Disney Channel ranked as the No. 1 preschool series launch in cable TV history in girls 2-5 (673,000/8.6 rating), adults 18-49 (948,000/0.8 rating) and women 18-49 (710,000/1.1 rating). It also was the No. 2 weekday preschool cable launch in more than 12 years in total viewers (2.7 million) since August 2000 behind only Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2.8 million). In kids 2-5, Sofia The First virtually tied Doc McStuffins as the network’s No. 1 weekday series launch ever in kids 2-5 (1.0 million/6.3 rating). In November, the animated special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel, becoming the top cable telecast of 2012 among kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Jr’s ‘Sofia The First’ Premiere Tops Cable TV Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday