Friday’s premiere of Disney Junior‘s Sofia The First on Disney Channel ranked as the No. 1 preschool series launch in cable TV history in girls 2-5 (673,000/8.6 rating), adults 18-49 (948,000/0.8 rating) and women 18-49 (710,000/1.1 rating). It also was the No. 2 weekday preschool cable launch in more than 12 years in total viewers (2.7 million) since August 2000 behind only Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2.8 million). In kids 2-5, Sofia The First virtually tied Doc McStuffins as the network’s No. 1 weekday series launch ever in kids 2-5 (1.0 million/6.3 rating). In November, the animated special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel, becoming the top cable telecast of 2012 among kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Jr’s ‘Sofia The First’ Premiere Tops Cable TV Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- North Korea To U.S. On Sony Hack: Let's Work Together To Find Culprit
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere