Discovery Channel has promoted Dolores Gavin to EVP of Development and Production, East. Gavin, previously SVP, will continue to oversee all aspects of Discovery Channel’s development and programming that originate from the network’s east coast offices, reporting to Eileen O’Neill, Group President Discovery and TLC Networks. “Dolores has been an essential component in the success of our most popular series,” said O’Neill. “She is insightful and incredibly passionate about the business of making compelling television.” Since joining Discovery Channel in 2010, Gavin, who is based in Silver Spring, MD, has developed such popular series as Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska, Moonshiners and Amish Mafia. Additionally, she developed the network’s first scripted project, a mini-series based on Charlotte Gray’s novel Gold Diggers: Striking It Rich In The Klondike, which begins production in March. Before joining Discovery, Gavin was VP of Development and Programming at History Channel.
Discovery Channel’s Dolores Gavin Upped To EVP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'