Discovery Channel has promoted Dolores Gavin to EVP of Development and Production, East. Gavin, previously SVP, will continue to oversee all aspects of Discovery Channel’s development and programming that originate from the network’s east coast offices, reporting to Eileen O’Neill, Group President Discovery and TLC Networks. “Dolores has been an essential component in the success of our most popular series,” said O’Neill. “She is insightful and incredibly passionate about the business of making compelling television.” Since joining Discovery Channel in 2010, Gavin, who is based in Silver Spring, MD, has developed such popular series as Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska, Moonshiners and Amish Mafia. Additionally, she developed the network’s first scripted project, a mini-series based on Charlotte Gray’s novel Gold Diggers: Striking It Rich In The Klondike, which begins production in March. Before joining Discovery, Gavin was VP of Development and Programming at History Channel.
Discovery Channel’s Dolores Gavin Upped To EVP
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Erin Cummings Joins ‘Madoff’ Miniseries; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II In ‘The Get Down’
- Jim Parsons Rewrites God’s Top 10 List, Dishes Noah – Broadway Review
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular