Discovery Channel has promoted Dolores Gavin to EVP of Development and Production, East. Gavin, previously SVP, will continue to oversee all aspects of Discovery Channel’s development and programming that originate from the network’s east coast offices, reporting to Eileen O’Neill, Group President Discovery and TLC Networks. “Dolores has been an essential component in the success of our most popular series,” said O’Neill. “She is insightful and incredibly passionate about the business of making compelling television.” Since joining Discovery Channel in 2010, Gavin, who is based in Silver Spring, MD, has developed such popular series as Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska, Moonshiners and Amish Mafia. Additionally, she developed the network’s first scripted project, a mini-series based on Charlotte Gray’s novel Gold Diggers: Striking It Rich In The Klondike, which begins production in March. Before joining Discovery, Gavin was VP of Development and Programming at History Channel.
Discovery Channel’s Dolores Gavin Upped To EVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- LeBron James Return To Miami Helps NBA Ratings Rebound On ABC, Boosts 'Grinch'
- Christmas Coal, Day 3: PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Still Down – Update
- Fall TV 2014: What Worked, What Didn't & What Lies Ahead In Midseason
- 'The Interview' Release: 331 Theaters Aboard For Christmas Day
- 'The Interview' Forgoes TV Ads To Promote Christmas Release This Time
- One Direction Soft In Primetime, Boost Late Night Ratings For NBC