Discovery Networks Europe has entered a deal with ITV Studios Global Entertainment for docu-series Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan. The eight-part show is produced by Cream/Wildfire and premiered on BBC America last night. It will air across Europe beginning with Animal Planet Nordics on February 7, followed by Animal Planet Russia and Romania. The travel-adventure series follows former Lost star Monaghan as he encounters some of the world’s most dangerous and elusive creatures. Monaghan recently told a TCA panel that he was inspired to do the show after the death of “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin. The show “is a love letter” to what Irwin “achieved and the television shows he left behind,” Monaghan said.
Discovery Acquires ‘Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan’ For Europe
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2