Director Henry-Alex Rubin’s Disconnect will open the 28th Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Written by Andrew Stern, the movie starring Jason Bateman and Hope Davis explores the way digital technologies that are intended to bring people closer together can increase the emotional distance between them. Rubin and members of the cast which also includes Frank Grillo, Paula Patton, Michael Nyqvist, Andrea Riseborough, Alexander Skarsgård and Max Thieriot are expected to attend the opening night event January 24th at the Arlington Theatre. The festival also will honor Leonardo DiCaprio, currently in theaters as the villainous slave owner Calvin Candie in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, with its American Riviera Award on February 1st. Previous recipients of the award that recognizes artists who have had a strong influence on American cinema include frequent DiCaprio collaborator Martin Scorsese and actors Sandra Bullock and Mickey Rourke. The festival runs through February 3rd.
Santa Barbara Festival To Honor Leonardo DiCaprio, ‘Disconnect’ Opening Night Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?