Shooting kicked off today on BBC One‘s three-part legal thriller The Escape Artist with David Tennant in the lead. The drama was created and written by David Wolstencroft (Spooks, MI-5) and also stars Extras‘ and Ugly Betty‘s Ashley Jensen, Hotel Rwanda Oscar nominee Sophie Okonedo and Toby Kebbell. Tennant plays Will Burton, a lawyer nicknamed “The Escape Artist” thanks to his ability to get people out of tight legal corners. But when his talents acquit the prime suspect in a horrific murder trial, his brilliance comes back to bite him. Hilary Bevan Jones (Restless, HBO’s Mary And Martha) and Paul Frift produce; Wolstencroft and Matthew Read exec produce. The erstwhile Doctor Who, Tennant, will next be seen Stateside in two-part drama Spies Of Warsaw which debuts on BBC America on April 3. BBC America also recently acquired eight-part ensemble drama series Broadchurch with Tennant starring and broadcast planned as part of the network’s Dramaville block later this year, following the spring UK premiere.
David Tennant To Play Legal Eagle In New BBC Drama ‘The Escape Artist’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest International News
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish
- Peter Bart: Euros Baffled By U.S. Mega-Deals, But Still Hustle For U.S. Tourists
- FilmNation Boards Marc Webb-Directed ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’
- ‘Shameless’ Actor Cameron Monaghan Set To Star In ‘The White Devil’
- ‘Walking Dead’ Season 7 Debut Up 34% Internationally