Shooting kicked off today on BBC One‘s three-part legal thriller The Escape Artist with David Tennant in the lead. The drama was created and written by David Wolstencroft (Spooks, MI-5) and also stars Extras‘ and Ugly Betty‘s Ashley Jensen, Hotel Rwanda Oscar nominee Sophie Okonedo and Toby Kebbell. Tennant plays Will Burton, a lawyer nicknamed “The Escape Artist” thanks to his ability to get people out of tight legal corners. But when his talents acquit the prime suspect in a horrific murder trial, his brilliance comes back to bite him. Hilary Bevan Jones (Restless, HBO’s Mary And Martha) and Paul Frift produce; Wolstencroft and Matthew Read exec produce. The erstwhile Doctor Who, Tennant, will next be seen Stateside in two-part drama Spies Of Warsaw which debuts on BBC America on April 3. BBC America also recently acquired eight-part ensemble drama series Broadchurch with Tennant starring and broadcast planned as part of the network’s Dramaville block later this year, following the spring UK premiere.
David Tennant To Play Legal Eagle In New BBC Drama ‘The Escape Artist’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest International News
- 22 Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK; Suicide Bomber Suspected
- IFC Closing Deal For Director’s Fortnight Pic ‘A Ciambra:’ Cannes
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?