EXCLUSIVE: Top TV director David Nutter has picked his 2013 pilot, signing on to direct and executive produce Bruno Heller’s CBS legal drama The Advocates from Warner Bros TV. It was one of two pilots the network picked up yesterday. Written/executive produced by The Mentalist creator Heller, Advocates centers on a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. This marks a reunion for Nutter and Heller — Nutter also directed the pilot and second episode for Heller’s CBS/Warner Bros TV series Mentalist. Last season, WME-repped Nutter directed the pilot of the CW’s Arrow, one of the fall’s very few breakout hits. Of the 18 pilots he has directed, 17 have gone to series.
David Nutter To Direct & Executive Produce Bruno Heller’s CBS Legal Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Morning America’ Expands To 3 Hours, ‘The Chew’ Canceled By ABC After 7 Seasons
- Donald Trump Elevates Conspiracy Theory To Government Plot On White House Lawn
- Ken Jeong Heads To Netflix For Comedy Special
- ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Revival Series In Works For TV
- Bruce Rosenblum Exits As Disney-ABC TV Group President Of Business Operations
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama