EXCLUSIVE: Top TV director David Nutter has picked his 2013 pilot, signing on to direct and executive produce Bruno Heller’s CBS legal drama The Advocates from Warner Bros TV. It was one of two pilots the network picked up yesterday. Written/executive produced by The Mentalist creator Heller, Advocates centers on a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. This marks a reunion for Nutter and Heller — Nutter also directed the pilot and second episode for Heller’s CBS/Warner Bros TV series Mentalist. Last season, WME-repped Nutter directed the pilot of the CW’s Arrow, one of the fall’s very few breakout hits. Of the 18 pilots he has directed, 17 have gone to series.
David Nutter To Direct & Executive Produce Bruno Heller’s CBS Legal Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo