EXCLUSIVE: Top TV director David Nutter has picked his 2013 pilot, signing on to direct and executive produce Bruno Heller’s CBS legal drama The Advocates from Warner Bros TV. It was one of two pilots the network picked up yesterday. Written/executive produced by The Mentalist creator Heller, Advocates centers on a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. This marks a reunion for Nutter and Heller — Nutter also directed the pilot and second episode for Heller’s CBS/Warner Bros TV series Mentalist. Last season, WME-repped Nutter directed the pilot of the CW’s Arrow, one of the fall’s very few breakout hits. Of the 18 pilots he has directed, 17 have gone to series.
David Nutter To Direct & Executive Produce Bruno Heller’s CBS Legal Drama Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'