Pathé and 20th Century Fox have set a March 27 UK debut for Danny Boyle‘s Trance, the director’s first feature since 2010’s 127 Hours. Boyle, who most recently masterminded the London Olympics Opening Ceremony, said today: “After a mad summer with London 2012, it’s great to get back to the day job; treachery and intrigue on the screen rather than behind-the-scenes!” The psychological thriller stars James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson and follows a fine art auctioneer mixed up with a criminal gang who joins forces with a hypnotherapist to recover a lost painting. Joe Ahearne, on whose BBC telefilm of the same name Boyle’s feature is based, wrote the screenplay with John Hodge (Trainspotting, Shallow Grave). Slumdog Millionaire‘s Christian Colson is producer. Pathé has UK and French rights and Fox has the rest of the world on the Pathé, Fox Searchlight, Film4 presentation of a Cloud Eight/Decibel Films production. A U.S. release has not been set.
Danny Boyle’s ‘Trance’ Gets UK Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have Your…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’