Pathé and 20th Century Fox have set a March 27 UK debut for Danny Boyle‘s Trance, the director’s first feature since 2010’s 127 Hours. Boyle, who most recently masterminded the London Olympics Opening Ceremony, said today: “After a mad summer with London 2012, it’s great to get back to the day job; treachery and intrigue on the screen rather than behind-the-scenes!” The psychological thriller stars James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson and follows a fine art auctioneer mixed up with a criminal gang who joins forces with a hypnotherapist to recover a lost painting. Joe Ahearne, on whose BBC telefilm of the same name Boyle’s feature is based, wrote the screenplay with John Hodge (Trainspotting, Shallow Grave). Slumdog Millionaire‘s Christian Colson is producer. Pathé has UK and French rights and Fox has the rest of the world on the Pathé, Fox Searchlight, Film4 presentation of a Cloud Eight/Decibel Films production. A U.S. release has not been set.
Danny Boyle’s ‘Trance’ Gets UK Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?