Pathé and 20th Century Fox have set a March 27 UK debut for Danny Boyle‘s Trance, the director’s first feature since 2010’s 127 Hours. Boyle, who most recently masterminded the London Olympics Opening Ceremony, said today: “After a mad summer with London 2012, it’s great to get back to the day job; treachery and intrigue on the screen rather than behind-the-scenes!” The psychological thriller stars James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson and follows a fine art auctioneer mixed up with a criminal gang who joins forces with a hypnotherapist to recover a lost painting. Joe Ahearne, on whose BBC telefilm of the same name Boyle’s feature is based, wrote the screenplay with John Hodge (Trainspotting, Shallow Grave). Slumdog Millionaire‘s Christian Colson is producer. Pathé has UK and French rights and Fox has the rest of the world on the Pathé, Fox Searchlight, Film4 presentation of a Cloud Eight/Decibel Films production. A U.S. release has not been set.
Danny Boyle’s ‘Trance’ Gets UK Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)