Pathé and 20th Century Fox have set a March 27 UK debut for Danny Boyle‘s Trance, the director’s first feature since 2010’s 127 Hours. Boyle, who most recently masterminded the London Olympics Opening Ceremony, said today: “After a mad summer with London 2012, it’s great to get back to the day job; treachery and intrigue on the screen rather than behind-the-scenes!” The psychological thriller stars James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson and follows a fine art auctioneer mixed up with a criminal gang who joins forces with a hypnotherapist to recover a lost painting. Joe Ahearne, on whose BBC telefilm of the same name Boyle’s feature is based, wrote the screenplay with John Hodge (Trainspotting, Shallow Grave). Slumdog Millionaire‘s Christian Colson is producer. Pathé has UK and French rights and Fox has the rest of the world on the Pathé, Fox Searchlight, Film4 presentation of a Cloud Eight/Decibel Films production. A U.S. release has not been set.
Danny Boyle’s ‘Trance’ Gets UK Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List