It was a decent but unspectacular ratings start for Cougar Town on its new network, TBS. The series’ fourth-season premiere at 10 PM last night drew a total of 2.2 million viewers and more than 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 613,000 adults 18-34 in Live+Same Day. That was on par or slightly lower than TBS’ recent comedy premieres for Men At Work (2.65 million total viewers, 1.63 million adults 18-49, 851,000 adults 18-34) and Sullivan & Son (2.5 million total viewers, 1.3 million 18-49s, 612,000 18-34s). Given Cougar Town‘s built-in name recognition after three seasons on ABC and its star power, with Courteney Cox leading the ensemble, it probably should’ve done better than brand new shows with lesser-known casts.
‘Cougar Town’ Off To So-So Start On TBS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips