It was a decent but unspectacular ratings start for Cougar Town on its new network, TBS. The series’ fourth-season premiere at 10 PM last night drew a total of 2.2 million viewers and more than 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 613,000 adults 18-34 in Live+Same Day. That was on par or slightly lower than TBS’ recent comedy premieres for Men At Work (2.65 million total viewers, 1.63 million adults 18-49, 851,000 adults 18-34) and Sullivan & Son (2.5 million total viewers, 1.3 million 18-49s, 612,000 18-34s). Given Cougar Town‘s built-in name recognition after three seasons on ABC and its star power, with Courteney Cox leading the ensemble, it probably should’ve done better than brand new shows with lesser-known casts.
‘Cougar Town’ Off To So-So Start On TBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'