It was a decent but unspectacular ratings start for Cougar Town on its new network, TBS. The series’ fourth-season premiere at 10 PM last night drew a total of 2.2 million viewers and more than 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 613,000 adults 18-34 in Live+Same Day. That was on par or slightly lower than TBS’ recent comedy premieres for Men At Work (2.65 million total viewers, 1.63 million adults 18-49, 851,000 adults 18-34) and Sullivan & Son (2.5 million total viewers, 1.3 million 18-49s, 612,000 18-34s). Given Cougar Town‘s built-in name recognition after three seasons on ABC and its star power, with Courteney Cox leading the ensemble, it probably should’ve done better than brand new shows with lesser-known casts.
‘Cougar Town’ Off To So-So Start On TBS
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive