Core Media Group, the umbrella entertainment company whose portfolio includes reality series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, is starting an international production division. The company is partnering with Simon Shaps, former Director of Television at ITV, to build the new unit, which will be based in London. Its goal will be to create formats to be sold in the global marketplace, including the U.K., and be brought back to the U.S. Shaps will also look for investment opportunities for Core, including production companies and international formats. As MD, International Content and Production, Shaps will report to Marc Graboff, President of Core Media Group and will work closely with Jennifer O’Connell, Head of Core’s U.S. Television Division. Shaps ran Granada’s and then ITV’s global production business before taking over as Director of Television. He commissioned some of the most successful shows in the U.K. like Britain’s Got Talent. Core recently expanded its team with the hiring of Glenn Stickley as SVP, T.V Production and Jenny Ramirez as VP, Development and Production.
Core Media Launches UK Outpost, Taps Simon Shaps To Run It
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner