Core Media Group, the umbrella entertainment company whose portfolio includes reality series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, is starting an international production division. The company is partnering with Simon Shaps, former Director of Television at ITV, to build the new unit, which will be based in London. Its goal will be to create formats to be sold in the global marketplace, including the U.K., and be brought back to the U.S. Shaps will also look for investment opportunities for Core, including production companies and international formats. As MD, International Content and Production, Shaps will report to Marc Graboff, President of Core Media Group and will work closely with Jennifer O’Connell, Head of Core’s U.S. Television Division. Shaps ran Granada’s and then ITV’s global production business before taking over as Director of Television. He commissioned some of the most successful shows in the U.K. like Britain’s Got Talent. Core recently expanded its team with the hiring of Glenn Stickley as SVP, T.V Production and Jenny Ramirez as VP, Development and Production.
Core Media Launches UK Outpost, Taps Simon Shaps To Run It
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over