Core Media Group, the umbrella entertainment company whose portfolio includes reality series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, is starting an international production division. The company is partnering with Simon Shaps, former Director of Television at ITV, to build the new unit, which will be based in London. Its goal will be to create formats to be sold in the global marketplace, including the U.K., and be brought back to the U.S. Shaps will also look for investment opportunities for Core, including production companies and international formats. As MD, International Content and Production, Shaps will report to Marc Graboff, President of Core Media Group and will work closely with Jennifer O’Connell, Head of Core’s U.S. Television Division. Shaps ran Granada’s and then ITV’s global production business before taking over as Director of Television. He commissioned some of the most successful shows in the U.K. like Britain’s Got Talent. Core recently expanded its team with the hiring of Glenn Stickley as SVP, T.V Production and Jenny Ramirez as VP, Development and Production.
Core Media Launches UK Outpost, Taps Simon Shaps To Run It
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate