Detectives on the case of missing 20th Century Fox distribution executive Gavin Smith say they plan to examine a gray SUV seized Wednesday at a marijuana grow house in Granada Hills, radio station KFI reports. The vehicle is registered to a suspected drug dealer whose wife has been questioned in the case and whose home has been searched twice. “We believe that this truck, it’s possible this truck, may have been involved, but we don’t know yet,” L.A. County Sheriffs homicide detective Ty Labbe told reporters. The vehicle will be searched for fingerprints and other biological evidence. DEA agents spotted the SUV in the driveway of the house as they prepared to seize the plants growing inside. The SUV’s license plate had been flagged in connection with Smith’s case. Owner of the SUV, John Creech, is in custody on unrelated drug charges.
Cops Find SUV Flagged In Case Of Missing Fox Exec Gavin Smith: KFI
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa