The issue came up today during a CNN town hall staff meeting when soon-to-be-network president Jeff Zucker was asked his thoughts about the network expressing opinion. Zucker said he supported it where appropriate, noting Piers Morgan’s on-air advocacy for gun control, Politico reports, citing network sources. Morgan has emerged as a vocal advocate for gun control following the Newtown elementary school shooting and has had heated exchanges with gun rights supporters on his Piers Morgan Tonight. One staffer at today’s meeting described Zucker’s support for Morgan’s position as “clear and unequivocal”, according to Politico.
Incoming CNN President Jeff Zucker Backs Piers Morgan’s Stance On Gun Control
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions