The issue came up today during a CNN town hall staff meeting when soon-to-be-network president Jeff Zucker was asked his thoughts about the network expressing opinion. Zucker said he supported it where appropriate, noting Piers Morgan’s on-air advocacy for gun control, Politico reports, citing network sources. Morgan has emerged as a vocal advocate for gun control following the Newtown elementary school shooting and has had heated exchanges with gun rights supporters on his Piers Morgan Tonight. One staffer at today’s meeting described Zucker’s support for Morgan’s position as “clear and unequivocal”, according to Politico.
Incoming CNN President Jeff Zucker Backs Piers Morgan’s Stance On Gun Control
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM