Things are moving fast and furiously at Jeff Zucker’s CNN. Longtime political contributors James Carville and Mary Matalin are leaving the news network, Politico reports. “I was told they wanted the contributors to be more available — essentially closer to Washington. I’m not always available, I don’t live there,” said Carville, the former Clinton campaign chief and New Orleans resident. “At some level it makes sense for CNN to move in another direction, and it makes sense for me.” Carville has been married to GOP strategist and fellow former Crossfire host Matalin since 1993. They aren’t the only on-air talent leaving CNN: Conservative contributor Erick Erickson confirmed today on his RedState website that he is moving over to Fox News Channel. The moves come a week after Zucker formally took over as CNN’s president and the same day that news network lost managing editor Mark Whitaker and hired 20/20 co-anchor Chris Cuomo from ABC.
CNN Cuts James Carville & Mary Matalin: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive