Christina Kirk has joined the cast of the NBC comedy pilot The Gates. The project, written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith and to be directed by Marc Buckland, received an early pilot green light last month. Based on the British series, The Gates is an adult ensemble comedy set at the front gates of an elementary school drop-off and revolves around the parents, school staff and 15-minute social minefield they navigate at the beginning and end of each school day. The show centers on the type-A Helen (Kathleen Rose Perkins), who just moved to town with her husband Mark and their 8-year-old daughter for Helen’s big new job. Kirk will play Sarah, a neglected, hot, depressed stay-at-home mom who starts hitting on Mark. Kirk, repped by Phoenix Artists and Circle of Confusion, recently did an arc on HBO’s Girls.
Christina Kirk Cast In NBC’s ‘The Gates’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'