Christina Kirk has joined the cast of the NBC comedy pilot The Gates. The project, written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith and to be directed by Marc Buckland, received an early pilot green light last month. Based on the British series, The Gates is an adult ensemble comedy set at the front gates of an elementary school drop-off and revolves around the parents, school staff and 15-minute social minefield they navigate at the beginning and end of each school day. The show centers on the type-A Helen (Kathleen Rose Perkins), who just moved to town with her husband Mark and their 8-year-old daughter for Helen’s big new job. Kirk will play Sarah, a neglected, hot, depressed stay-at-home mom who starts hitting on Mark. Kirk, repped by Phoenix Artists and Circle of Confusion, recently did an arc on HBO’s Girls.
Christina Kirk Cast In NBC’s ‘The Gates’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Paget Brewster Becomes Series Regular Again On CBS Drama
- ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Ratings Top Monday On Steady Night
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers