Christina Kirk has joined the cast of the NBC comedy pilot The Gates. The project, written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith and to be directed by Marc Buckland, received an early pilot green light last month. Based on the British series, The Gates is an adult ensemble comedy set at the front gates of an elementary school drop-off and revolves around the parents, school staff and 15-minute social minefield they navigate at the beginning and end of each school day. The show centers on the type-A Helen (Kathleen Rose Perkins), who just moved to town with her husband Mark and their 8-year-old daughter for Helen’s big new job. Kirk will play Sarah, a neglected, hot, depressed stay-at-home mom who starts hitting on Mark. Kirk, repped by Phoenix Artists and Circle of Confusion, recently did an arc on HBO’s Girls.
Christina Kirk Cast In NBC’s ‘The Gates’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words