Christina Kirk has joined the cast of the NBC comedy pilot The Gates. The project, written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith and to be directed by Marc Buckland, received an early pilot green light last month. Based on the British series, The Gates is an adult ensemble comedy set at the front gates of an elementary school drop-off and revolves around the parents, school staff and 15-minute social minefield they navigate at the beginning and end of each school day. The show centers on the type-A Helen (Kathleen Rose Perkins), who just moved to town with her husband Mark and their 8-year-old daughter for Helen’s big new job. Kirk will play Sarah, a neglected, hot, depressed stay-at-home mom who starts hitting on Mark. Kirk, repped by Phoenix Artists and Circle of Confusion, recently did an arc on HBO’s Girls.
Christina Kirk Cast In NBC’s ‘The Gates’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'