EXCLUSIVE: NBC’s freshman Chicago Fire has been a late bloomer. The firefighter drama did not premiere until October. It started off slow but held onto its lead-in and did just well enough in its first few airings to earn a back 9 order. The Dick Wolf-produced series then kept steady and started to grow, hitting series highs earlier this month. Now it has been given an order for one extra episode, bringing its freshman season to 23 episodes.
‘Chicago Fire’s Order Upped By One Episode
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'