EXCLUSIVE: NBC’s freshman Chicago Fire has been a late bloomer. The firefighter drama did not premiere until October. It started off slow but held onto its lead-in and did just well enough in its first few airings to earn a back 9 order. The Dick Wolf-produced series then kept steady and started to grow, hitting series highs earlier this month. Now it has been given an order for one extra episode, bringing its freshman season to 23 episodes.
‘Chicago Fire’s Order Upped By One Episode
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'