With NBCUniversal’s talk show hosted by comedian Steve Harvey emerging as the sleeper syndication talker hit this season, CBS TV Distribution, which struck out with The Jeff Probst Show, is betting on a first-run show starring another comedian for next fall. The company will be rolling out The Test, a syndicated alternative talk show hosted by Kirk Fox (Parks & Recreation) after clearing it in a majority of the country with Tribune as a launch station group. The Test, produced by Jay McGraw’s Stage 29 Prods. and distributed by CBSTD, will resolve disputes with the help of DNA and lie detector tests whose results will be revealed on the show. Production is slated to begin in the next several months. The Test was one of two syndicated shows built around DNA testing that were developed for next fall, along with MGM Television’s Paternity Court.
CBS TV Distribution’s ‘The Test’ Hosted By Kirk Fox A Go For Fall 2013 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate