With NBCUniversal’s talk show hosted by comedian Steve Harvey emerging as the sleeper syndication talker hit this season, CBS TV Distribution, which struck out with The Jeff Probst Show, is betting on a first-run show starring another comedian for next fall. The company will be rolling out The Test, a syndicated alternative talk show hosted by Kirk Fox (Parks & Recreation) after clearing it in a majority of the country with Tribune as a launch station group. The Test, produced by Jay McGraw’s Stage 29 Prods. and distributed by CBSTD, will resolve disputes with the help of DNA and lie detector tests whose results will be revealed on the show. Production is slated to begin in the next several months. The Test was one of two syndicated shows built around DNA testing that were developed for next fall, along with MGM Television’s Paternity Court.
CBS TV Distribution’s ‘The Test’ Hosted By Kirk Fox A Go For Fall 2013 Launch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'