With NBCUniversal’s talk show hosted by comedian Steve Harvey emerging as the sleeper syndication talker hit this season, CBS TV Distribution, which struck out with The Jeff Probst Show, is betting on a first-run show starring another comedian for next fall. The company will be rolling out The Test, a syndicated alternative talk show hosted by Kirk Fox (Parks & Recreation) after clearing it in a majority of the country with Tribune as a launch station group. The Test, produced by Jay McGraw’s Stage 29 Prods. and distributed by CBSTD, will resolve disputes with the help of DNA and lie detector tests whose results will be revealed on the show. Production is slated to begin in the next several months. The Test was one of two syndicated shows built around DNA testing that were developed for next fall, along with MGM Television’s Paternity Court.
CBS TV Distribution’s ‘The Test’ Hosted By Kirk Fox A Go For Fall 2013 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series