The merger of Canadian giants Entertainment One and Alliance Films is one step closer to fruition. EOne announced in September that it was seeking to acquire rival Alliance for approximately $230M. One of the conditions for the acquisition to move forward was regulatory clearance. Today, eOne says that the applicable waiting period under the Canadian Competition Act has expired and that it intends to complete the acquisition “as soon as possible.” The merger will create a group with reach across Canada, the UK, Benelux, Australia, the U.S. and Spain. In September, eOne announced a multi-year output deal with DreamWorks for the UK and Benelux. The deal for Alliance will give eOne Canadian rights to 11,000 titles including The Hunger Games.
Canada’s eOne Says It Has Clearance To Acquire Alliance Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest