Best Actor Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper is in talks with J.J. Abrams about playing Lance Armstrong in the producer-director’s planned movie project about the disgraced cyclist, according to Entertainment Tonight. Shortly after Deadline broke the news about Abrams and partner Bryan Burk’s Bad Robot and Paramount Pictures securing screen rights to the proposed book Cycle Of Lies: The Fall Of Lance Armstrong, Cooper publicly expressed interest in the role to the BBC and later in an email to Abrams. Cooper “sent me an email and we’ve been talking”, Abrams told ET last night at the Producers Guild Awards. The project is based on the proposed book by New York Times writer Juliet Macur for HarperCollins.
Bradley Cooper In Talks With J.J. Abrams To Play Lance Armstrong: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video