The network’s Battlestar Galactica prequel has been hurtling through space in various incarnations since Syfy decided last March not to go forward with the pilot for a potential series. Instead, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome debuted as a weekly web series on the Machinima Prime YouTube channel, garnering around 8 million views. The network is now following through on its promise to give it an airdate, setting February 10 from 9-11 PM for its world TV premiere as a two-hour full-length movie. The Universal Cable Productions pic will include scenes not included in the online release, and it will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD on February 19. Blood & Chrome is set during the first Cylon war and centers on young William Adama (Luke Pasqualino). David Eick is executive producer along with Michael Taylor, who wrote the teleplay from a story by Taylor, Eick, Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. All are veterans of Syfy’s original Battlestar series. Jonas Pate (Caprica) directed.
Syfy’s ‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ (Finally) Gets TV Premiere Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'