The network’s Battlestar Galactica prequel has been hurtling through space in various incarnations since Syfy decided last March not to go forward with the pilot for a potential series. Instead, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome debuted as a weekly web series on the Machinima Prime YouTube channel, garnering around 8 million views. The network is now following through on its promise to give it an airdate, setting February 10 from 9-11 PM for its world TV premiere as a two-hour full-length movie. The Universal Cable Productions pic will include scenes not included in the online release, and it will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD on February 19. Blood & Chrome is set during the first Cylon war and centers on young William Adama (Luke Pasqualino). David Eick is executive producer along with Michael Taylor, who wrote the teleplay from a story by Taylor, Eick, Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. All are veterans of Syfy’s original Battlestar series. Jonas Pate (Caprica) directed.
Syfy’s ‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ (Finally) Gets TV Premiere Date
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…