At a PBS panel on the American Masters series, Mel Brooks — the subject of an upcoming documentary — said that he is thinking about turning his movie Blazing Saddles into his next Broadway musical. “A lot of it is musical already,” Brooks said. “It has a rather fanciful and fantastic tone to it. and now that Django Unchained has literally used the N word, I think I’m in the clear. I don’t look so bad. He really used that word a lot.”
‘Blazing Saddles’ Mel Brooks’ Next Broadway Musical? Maybe: TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series