In the wake of its four Oscar nominations last week, Fox Searchlight said today that Beasts Of The Southern Wild will be re-released in theaters beginning Friday. The film’s return engagement will hit a limited number of cities — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Washington D.C, Dallas, and Seattle — as part of the specialty label’s now-humming awards campaign, which picked up steam last week with Oscar noms for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress for star Quvenzhane Wallis and Best Director for Benh Zeitlin. The film was originally released theatrically June 27 after it won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance 2012 in its world premiere there; that’s where Searchlight picked it up. Now audiences will get a refresher.
‘Beasts Of The Southern Wild’ Back In Theaters Friday For Oscar Push
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'