In the wake of its four Oscar nominations last week, Fox Searchlight said today that Beasts Of The Southern Wild will be re-released in theaters beginning Friday. The film’s return engagement will hit a limited number of cities — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Washington D.C, Dallas, and Seattle — as part of the specialty label’s now-humming awards campaign, which picked up steam last week with Oscar noms for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress for star Quvenzhane Wallis and Best Director for Benh Zeitlin. The film was originally released theatrically June 27 after it won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance 2012 in its world premiere there; that’s where Searchlight picked it up. Now audiences will get a refresher.
‘Beasts Of The Southern Wild’ Back In Theaters Friday For Oscar Push
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way