In the wake of its four Oscar nominations last week, Fox Searchlight said today that Beasts Of The Southern Wild will be re-released in theaters beginning Friday. The film’s return engagement will hit a limited number of cities — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Washington D.C, Dallas, and Seattle — as part of the specialty label’s now-humming awards campaign, which picked up steam last week with Oscar noms for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress for star Quvenzhane Wallis and Best Director for Benh Zeitlin. The film was originally released theatrically June 27 after it won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance 2012 in its world premiere there; that’s where Searchlight picked it up. Now audiences will get a refresher.
‘Beasts Of The Southern Wild’ Back In Theaters Friday For Oscar Push
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Deadpool’ Rises To $125M+, ‘Zoolander 2,’ ‘How To Be Single’ Follow – Int’l…
- ‘Deadpool’s $150M+ Opening: Why The Town Didn't See It Coming Until It Happened – Sunday Final
- Paramount Dates A Trio Of ‘Transformers’ Sequels; Collides With ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Godzilla 2…
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview