After an all-male lineup last year, BAFTA’s shortlist for the 2013 EE Rising Star Award includes four gals and a guy. The nominees are “actors and actresses who are destined to be bright stars in the future of cinema.” Like last year’s crop, which included Chris O’Dowd and Chris Hemsworth, this year’s group is already pretty well-known. It includes: Elizabeth Olsen, who’ll next be seen in Spike Lee’s Oldboy remake; Andrea Riseborough who stars opposite Tom Cruise in Oblivion; Life Of Pi star Suraj Sharma; Juno Temple, who’s got three films in Sundance including Lovelace and Alicia Vikander of A Royal Affair and Anna Karenina. Jury members who selected the nominees were BAFTA film committee deputy chairman Pippa Harris, director Kevin Macdonald, actor Benedict Cumberbatch and film critic Mark Kermode. Previous winners have included James McAvoy, Eva Green, Shia LaBeouf, Noel Clarke, Kristen Stewart, Tom Hardy and last year’s Adam Deacon. This year’s winner will be announced at the BAFTA ceremony on February 10.
BAFTA Rising Star Award Nominees Include Elizabeth Olsen, Juno Temple
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'