After an all-male lineup last year, BAFTA’s shortlist for the 2013 EE Rising Star Award includes four gals and a guy. The nominees are “actors and actresses who are destined to be bright stars in the future of cinema.” Like last year’s crop, which included Chris O’Dowd and Chris Hemsworth, this year’s group is already pretty well-known. It includes: Elizabeth Olsen, who’ll next be seen in Spike Lee’s Oldboy remake; Andrea Riseborough who stars opposite Tom Cruise in Oblivion; Life Of Pi star Suraj Sharma; Juno Temple, who’s got three films in Sundance including Lovelace and Alicia Vikander of A Royal Affair and Anna Karenina. Jury members who selected the nominees were BAFTA film committee deputy chairman Pippa Harris, director Kevin Macdonald, actor Benedict Cumberbatch and film critic Mark Kermode. Previous winners have included James McAvoy, Eva Green, Shia LaBeouf, Noel Clarke, Kristen Stewart, Tom Hardy and last year’s Adam Deacon. This year’s winner will be announced at the BAFTA ceremony on February 10.
BAFTA Rising Star Award Nominees Include Elizabeth Olsen, Juno Temple
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe