EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis has been cast in Sky Atlantic and BBC America’s just-announced four-part biopic Fleming. Dominic Cooper is playing James Bond creator/author Ian Fleming with Wallis as Muriel Wright, a woman with whom Fleming had a love affair and who some believe to be the original inspiration for the Bond Girl. Fleming, an Ecosse Films production for Sky Atlantic and BBC America, takes a no holds barred look at the 007 creator and his early life set against the permissive society of war-torn WWII London. Mat Whitecross is directing from a script by John Brownlow and Don MacPherson with shooting to start in Budapest next month. BBC Worldwide is distributing internationally. Wallis has also signed on for a part in Hello Carter, Anthony Wilcox’s upcoming UK indie that’s produced by Fiona Neilson of Fiesta Productions. The actress just wrapped BBC period series Peaky Blinders opposite Cillian Murphy. Her other credits include Pan AM, The Tudors and Snow White And The Huntsman. She’s repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Sky/BBC America Mini ‘Fleming’ As Original Bond Girl Inspiration
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con