HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood is adding two females to the cast for its upcoming sixth season with Amelia Rose Blaire (90210) and Friday Night Lights alumna Jurnee Smollett. Blaire will play Willa Burrell, the daughter of Louisiana Gov. Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard), who has long clashed with her father over vampire rights. Smollett will play wide-eyed Nicole Wright, who is not concerned with money and more concerned with the common good and doing what’s right. I hear Blaire’s role is recurring that could become regular, and Smollett will be a regular. Blaire, repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul, and Anthem Entertainment, will be seen in the upcoming indies Commencement and Jesus Iin Cowboy Boots. Smollett, repped by ICM Partners and Storefront Entertainment, recently did an arc on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Amelia Rose Blaire & Jurnee Smollett Join Cast Of HBO’s ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching