HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood is adding two females to the cast for its upcoming sixth season with Amelia Rose Blaire (90210) and Friday Night Lights alumna Jurnee Smollett. Blaire will play Willa Burrell, the daughter of Louisiana Gov. Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard), who has long clashed with her father over vampire rights. Smollett will play wide-eyed Nicole Wright, who is not concerned with money and more concerned with the common good and doing what’s right. I hear Blaire’s role is recurring that could become regular, and Smollett will be a regular. Blaire, repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul, and Anthem Entertainment, will be seen in the upcoming indies Commencement and Jesus Iin Cowboy Boots. Smollett, repped by ICM Partners and Storefront Entertainment, recently did an arc on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Amelia Rose Blaire & Jurnee Smollett Join Cast Of HBO’s ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?