HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood is adding two females to the cast for its upcoming sixth season with Amelia Rose Blaire (90210) and Friday Night Lights alumna Jurnee Smollett. Blaire will play Willa Burrell, the daughter of Louisiana Gov. Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard), who has long clashed with her father over vampire rights. Smollett will play wide-eyed Nicole Wright, who is not concerned with money and more concerned with the common good and doing what’s right. I hear Blaire’s role is recurring that could become regular, and Smollett will be a regular. Blaire, repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul, and Anthem Entertainment, will be seen in the upcoming indies Commencement and Jesus Iin Cowboy Boots. Smollett, repped by ICM Partners and Storefront Entertainment, recently did an arc on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Amelia Rose Blaire & Jurnee Smollett Join Cast Of HBO’s ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?