HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood is adding two females to the cast for its upcoming sixth season with Amelia Rose Blaire (90210) and Friday Night Lights alumna Jurnee Smollett. Blaire will play Willa Burrell, the daughter of Louisiana Gov. Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard), who has long clashed with her father over vampire rights. Smollett will play wide-eyed Nicole Wright, who is not concerned with money and more concerned with the common good and doing what’s right. I hear Blaire’s role is recurring that could become regular, and Smollett will be a regular. Blaire, repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul, and Anthem Entertainment, will be seen in the upcoming indies Commencement and Jesus Iin Cowboy Boots. Smollett, repped by ICM Partners and Storefront Entertainment, recently did an arc on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Amelia Rose Blaire & Jurnee Smollett Join Cast Of HBO’s ‘True Blood’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres