A&E Network is getting into some reality TV steer wrestling and saddle-bronc riding. The network said today it has ordered a series from The Weinstein Company about female rodeo competitors. The series, which has the working title Rodeo Girls, was described last year at MIPCOM as “Ice Road Truckers meets Housewives.” A&E has put in an eight-episode order. “We are thrilled to be working with The Weinstein Company on Rodeo Girls. The women of the competitive barrel racing world are formidable athletes living sensational lives and we are excited for our viewers to go along for the wild ride,” said David McKillop, EVP Programming at A&E Network and BIO Channel, in a statement Friday. The series is executive produced by Meryl Poster, Barbara Schneeweiss, Roe Baker and Darcy Lapier for Weinstein and Stephen Land for Jupiter Entertainment. Executive producers for A&E are McKillop, Elaine Frontain Bryant, Lily Neumeyer and Devon Graham.
A&E Orders ‘Rodeo Girls’ Reality Series From Weinstein Co: TCA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit