Yahoo and NBC Sports Group are teaming in a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo Sports’ original reporting, coverage of big events and other content with NBC Sports Group’’s expanding digital assets. Deal includes significant television promotion and integration. Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Group will maintain separate sites and editorial control but they will collaborate on premium sports news and events coverage both online and on TV broadcasts. Yahoo Sports’ products will be included in the NBC Sports Group’s digital assets.
From the announcement, features of the deal include:
- Editorial Depth: The combined talent roster of Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports features a deep bench of award-winning reporters and commentators, such as NBC’s Bob Costas and Mike Florio; Yahoo! Sports’ Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski. Yahoo! Sports’ renowned investigative reporting will be featured on NBC TV, giving fans multiple-platform delivery.
- Original Video Programming Concepts: Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports will work together to develop original made-for-web video programs that will appear on both Yahoo! Sports and NBCSports.com featuring fan favorites from among the award-winning editorial teams’ rosters.
- NBC Sports host and Emmy Award-winning commentator Bob Costas: video sports news interviews and editorials Football Night in America’’s Tony Dungy & Rodney Harrison: video segments during NFL season
- Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com: daily, weekday NFL web show, Pro Football Talk Live Rivals on Recruiting: weekly college recruiting show with Rivals and NBC Sports talent.
- Live Streaming: Yahoo! Sports will link to and promote the NBC Sports Live Extra video player. Fans will be able to watch live streams of some of NBC’s biggest events, starting with Sunday Night Football and NHL Game of the Week. Live content from NBC Sports Network will continue to be distributed through NBC Sports Live Extra on a TV Everywhere basis.
- Fantasy Sports: Yahoo! Sports, the leading fantasy platform, will become the exclusive fantasy game provider of NBC Sports’ Rotoworld, the premiere fantasy news and information site. This will include Yahoo! Sports’ fantasy experiences for football, baseball, hockey, soccer, College Bowl Pick’em and Tourney Pick’em.
- Rivals.com: The college sports destination will power recruiting and college sporting news for NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports Regional Networks.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: The authentic, local sports properties will serve as Yahoo! Sports’ preferred content provider in relevant markets, and integrate Yahoo! Sports’ team pages, fantasy experts and sports talent.
- NBC’s Alli Sports: Providing youth-focused, action-sports video and other content to Yahoo! Sports.