With Treme wrapping production on its five-episode fourth and final season, co-star Wendell Pierce has set up his next regular series gig – a co-starring role opposite Michael J. Fox on Fox’s NBC comedy series, which has a 22-episode order for a fall 2013 launch. The single-camera comedy, from Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck’s company, is inspired by Fox’s real life and stars him as Mike Burnaby, a husband and father of three in New York City juggling the challenges of family and career while dealing with Parkinson’s Disease. Former lead anchor for a local station in New York City, Mike decides to go back to work after Parkinson’s forced him to take time off. Pierce will play Mike’s boss Harris, a slick, twice divorced man. I hear Pierce was actually the prototype for the role. The series was co-created by Sam Laybourne and Will Gluck, with Gluck expected to direct the pilot.
Wendell Pierce To Co-Star In Michael J. Fox’s NBC Series Produced By Will Gluck
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks